Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A new beginning

So, since I began this journey I've occasionally perused the web for ideas on this or that.  There are some great resources out there.  I also have searched for some things I never found.  So, here I am beginning my own collection of resources found and shared, and thoughts on our experience. 

So you know where I'm coming from: I've gone from a classroom teacher for 10 years to teaching my own 2 children at home in a place where there is no local library, no Half-Price Books or any other book store of that kind to go and browse through gazillions of resources. 

During my classroom time, I taught in 2nd and 3rd grades, in an international school overseas and in the US--in Texas, New Jersey and Arkansas--music and computer grades 1-7, a program for students identified with dyslexia, Reading Recovery, reading intervention for at-risk (non SpEd qualifying students), middle & high school ESL, and ESL algebra (of all things!)

So that's my education 'filter' of sorts that I brought to the table when I began a tedious endeavor to find out what kind of homeschool teacher I would be: something I have taken very seriously.

If you have them, leave comments, ideas, links etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment